The second to last The Playlist ever went well last night, definitely a decent show all around. I’m not a big Screaming Females fan myself, but I felt like they were a good way to start off the show. The Thermals double dose wasn’t planned, but the three songs in between all went by much quicker than I thought they would so I needed an extra song. I’m actually listening to the record right now and liking it a bit, but not quite as much as their other stuff. “I Don’t Believe You” is a great song though.
I’m trying to get a second hour for my show next week. I feel like I’ll need two hours to properly end it. It’s hard to believe that after nine years, I won’t be doing a steady show anymore. The Playlist itself has been going for seven years which makes it one of the longest running shows ever on 90.3 The Core. I always wanted to pass it on to someone else to host after me, but I guess that’s not really going to happen. Anyway, I’m going to need to set aside some time this weekend to think about what I want to play next week. I decided that I’m not going to do a show of all new music to end a show that was dedicated to nothing but new music. Hah! Instead, I think I’m going to a highlights show of all my favorite stuff I’ve played over the years. It will be a completely pre-planned show which is entirely atypical of my normal style of doing the show. The only pre-planned shows I do are the best albums of the year countdowns at the end of each year.
- Screaming Females – Nothing At All – Castle Talk
- Best Coast – When I’m With You – Crazy For You
- The Cinnamon Band – I’m Asking You – All Dressed
- A Great Big Pile Of Leaves – Race Car Driving – Have You Seen My Prefrontal Cortex?
- Lost In The Trees – A Room Where Your Paintings Hang – All Alone In An Empty House
- Jenny And Johnny – Scissor Runner – I’m Having Fun Now [EP]
- Samantha Crain – Up On The Table – You (Understood)
- Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band – Hurrah – Where The Messengers Meet
- Upstairs Downstairs – Pessimist – Inland And Out
- The Thermals – I Don’t Believe You – Personal Life
- Woven Bones – Hey Kid – I’ve Gotta Get [Single]
- Hayley Taylor – What’s Going On – One Foot In Front Of The Other
- Mike And Ruthy – Covered – Million To One
- The Thermals – Your Love Is So Strong – Personal Life
- Jesca Hoop – Tulip – Hunting My Dress
- Frontier Ruckus – Ringbearer – Deadmalls And Nightfalls