Half decent show last night, nothing really special of note though.
In other news, Gaslight Anthem posted the video for “American Slang.” The video seems to filmed entirely in NYC, which isn’t horribly surprising since Brian lives in Brooklyn now, but this feels slightly like a slap in the face. I don’t think anyone expects them to constantly be “JERSEY! JERSEY! JERSEY!” but they’ve always been so proud of being from New Jersey and it was a very big part of who they are and what the music was about. To turnaround now and make a video that is so in-your-face NYC just doesn’t feel right.
Anyway, the video is below and the playlist from last night’s radio show is below that.
- Wolf Parade – Yulia – Expo 86
- Peggy Sue – The Shape We Made – Fossils And Other Phantoms
- Villagers – The Pact (I’ll Be Your Fever) – Becoming A Jacket
- Gemma Ray – Big Spender – It’s A Shame About Gemma Ray
- Jeremy Jay – Splash – Splash
- Gogol Bordello – Uma Menina – Trans-Continental Hustle
- Blitzen Trapper – Laughing Lover – Destroyer Of The Void
- Born Ruffians – Oh Man – Say It
- Kathryn Calder – If You Only Knew – Are You My Mother?
- Mates Of State – True Love Will Find You In The End (Daniel Johnston) – Crushes (The Covers Mixtape)
- Careful – I Loved A Girl But She Loved Me – Oh, Light
- Like Bells – Sea Salt – Palma
- Cate Le Bon – Terror Of The Man – Me Oh My
- Vic Chesnutt – Dick Cheney – Skitter On Take-Off
- Band Of Horses – Laredo – Infinite Arms
- Devo – March On – Something For Everybody
Source: 90.3 The Core