Not a bad little show last night. I thought I was going to be short on music to play, but things ended up working out perfectly. Though, I feel like I was a little too bothered by the grammatical error in the song title for Kathryn Calder’s “A Day Past It’s Prime.” At first, I thought it was just wrong in our system, but the wrong form of ‘its’ is there on the back of the CD case as well. Oh well.
With all the feelings of wanting to finally throw in the towel and retire from college radio lately, it was nice to head into the studio last night and have a good show that I had fun doing. Maybe the week off helped.
- The Love Language – Anthophobia – Libraries
- Telegraph Canyon – Shake Your Fist – The Tide And The Current
- Villagers – Ship Of Promises – Becoming A Jackal
- Wolf Parade – Two Men In New Tuxedos – Expo 86
- The Black Rabbits – Hurry, Hurry – The Black Rabbits
- The Like – I Can See It In Your Eyes – Release Me
- Teenage Fanclub – Into The City – Shadows
- The Beauties – Devil Do – The Beauties
- The Streets On Fire – Chadwick Shut Up! – This Is Fancy
- Kathryn Calder – A Day Long Past It’s Prime – Are You My Mother?
- Fjord Rowboat – We Both Know – Under Cover Of Brightness
- White Fence – Destroy Everything – White Fence
- Kacey Johansing – Photographs And Letters – Seasons
- The Lincoln Bedroom – Help Me Get Back Into This Heart Of Mine – Broken Record
- Clean Girls – Siesta Siesta – Summer Camp
Source: 90.3 The Core
The Playlist last night was a bit on the folkier/acousticy-er/chiller side of things, but it was a decent show. I wanted to do something more upbeat, but that didn’t really pan out. I wouldn’t really say that’s a bad thing though.
I always feel like missing a week kills me. There ends up being too much music to go through before the show and since I wasn’t able to do the show last week because I was at my fiancée’s sister’s high school graduation, it was one of those nights. I’ll spend the next couple of weeks still catching up.
- Walter Schreifels – Save The Saveables – An Open Letter To The Scene
- Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Beverly Kills – Before Today
- Light Pollution – Drunk Kids – Apparitions
- Everest – Let Go – On Approach
- Kathryn Calder – If You Only Knew – Are You My Mother?
- Vic Chesnutt – Dick Cheney – Skitter On Take-Off
- Christopher Smith – Middle Of The Night – The Beckon Call
- Annuals – Holler And Howl – Sweet Sister
- Peggy Sue – Watchmen – Fossils And Other Phantoms
- Cuff The Duke – Follow Me – Way Down Here
- Band Of Horses – Dilly – Infinite Arms
- Villagers – The Pact (I’ll Be Your Fever) – Becoming A Jacket
- Woods – Death Rattles – At Echo Lake
- Mates Of State – Sleep The Clock Around (Belle And Sebastian) – Crushes (The Covers Mixtape)
- Danger Mouse And Sparklehorse – Pain Feat. Iggy Pop – Dark Night Of The Soul
Source: 90.3 Core
Well, last night was one of the craziest shows I’ve ever done in the nine years that I’ve been at The Core. Yet, as crazy as it was, I don’t think anyone listening was able to tell. There were all kinds of technical and non-technical issues and distractions that I had to deal with while trying to do the show, but I pulled it off somehow. Though because of it, I ended up starting off with a song that I hated. I didn’t get to preview it long enough and hadn’t heard the album or band before so that sucked. Oh well.
Other than that, not too much to report about the show. Here’s the playlist…
- The New Loud – Heartattack – Measures Melt
- Horse Feathers – Starving Robins – Thistled Spring
- Hurricane Bells – Darkness Is So Deep – Tonight Is The Ghost
- Good Old War – Sneaky Louise – Good Old War
- Harlan T Bobo – Crazy With Loneliness – Sucker
- Walter Schreifels – Don’t Gotta Prove It – An Open Letter To The Scene
- Family Cactus – A Running Mystery – Come Howling
- Setting Sun – Sacrifice – Fantasurreal
- Ty Segall – Caesar – Melted
- Skybox – Buckets – Morning After Cuts
- Shoe. – Keep On Going – The Speed Of Life
- The Henry Clay People – This Ain’t A Scene – Somewhere On The Golden Coast
- Broken Social Scene – Meet Me In The Basement – Forgiveness Rock Record
- Woods – Death Rattles – Echo Lake
- The New Pornographers – Crash Years – Together
- Devo – Going Under – New Traditionalists
Source: 90.3 The Core