Last night’s show ended up coming together surprisingly well. I had to reach back a littler further than normal for newer music so it wasn’t the absolute latest crop that The Playlist is normally comprised of, but I think the overall product of the show was pretty decent. I actually ended up playing a couple older tracks, Streetlight Manifesto to satisfy a request and Rilo Kiley for my fiancée since I got the song stuck in her head earlier in the day. Fitting these two in wasn’t too hard as it seems the Music Department has been a little behind throughout the Summer while everyone is away from school. This has resulted in the overall flow of albums getting reviewed and into the studio being almost non-existent. I expect that things will start to pick up next week as kids come back to school.
Other than that, there isn’t really a lot to say about the show.
- Maps And Atlases – Israeli Caves – Perch Patchwork
- Wolf Parade – Cloud Shadow On The Mountain – Expo 86
- Upstairs Downstairs – Stationary’s Helping – Inland And Out
- Streets On Fire, The – Chadwick Shut Up! – This Is Fancy
- Elsinore – Chemicals – Yes Yes Yes
- Menomena – Queen Black Acid – Mines
- Streetlight Manifesto – Would You Be Impressed’ – Somewhere In The Between
- White Fence – Destroy Everything – White Fence
- Steel Train – Behavior – Steel Train
- These United States – Nobody Can Tell – What Lasts
- Social Studies – We Choose Our Own Adventures – Wind Up Wooden Heart
- The Orbans – New Dress – When We Were Wild
- Best Coast – Bratty B – Crazy For You
- Wavves – Post Acid – King Of The Beach
- A Great Big Pile Of Leaves – Race Car Driving – Have You Seen My Prefrontal Cortex?
- Rilo Kiley – Silver Lining – Under The Blacklight